MMA DAY – Queen’s Park – Saturday, May 22 (TORONTO)
The First Annual MMA Day, organized by Toronto-based Mixed Martial Arts Expo, will bring together the Ontario citizens, families and businesses that see great benefit in having Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) recognized as another combative sport in Ontario, as boxing has been for over eighty years.
The event will be hosted by Ontario businessman, radio announcer and mixed martial artist instructor and competitor, Jeff Joslin. Also in attendance on the dais will be representatives from the tourism and hospitality industries, local and provincial politicians and many of the brightest stars in the Ontario MMA community including:
– “Showdown Joe” Ferraro ~ MMA Analyst; Host of MMA Connected on Rogers Sportsnet
– Loudon Owen ~ Chairman of the Fight Network
– Carlos Newton ~ Business Owner; First-ever Canadian UFC Champion
– Mark Hominick ~ Business Owner; professional MMA fighter
– Shah Franco – BJJ and MMA Instructor; Pro Fighter Coach
– Sam Stout ~ Business Owner; UFC Lightweight Contender
– Sean Pierson ~ Bellator Welterweight Pro Fighter
– and more…
MMA Day organizer and president of Mixed Martial Arts Expo, Gerald Chopik, states that, “MMA Day on May 22 gives Ontario families, related industry workers and MMA athletes and fans and the opportunity to raise awareness about not only how they – but the province at large – will benefit from MMA being sanctioned in Ontario.”
Demonstrate YOUR support for MMA in Ontario by inviting all your MMA-oriented friends to meet up with you at MMA Day.