Fan Expo Canada celebrates its 18th birthday this year and like any 18-year-old, the annual four-day convention is growing, changing and redefining what it is.
This year’s edition, running from Aug. 22 to 25, will be physically bigger, dominating both buildings in downtown’s Metro Toronto Convention Centre and using almost every inch of the extra space.
Be sure to check it out!
For more info visit: www.fanexpocanada.com
Guys love hot girls, sports, and betting on games—that’s why Strip Sports Betting was created. Now, guys can watch Sunday and Monday night football games hosted by hot adult starlets and lingerie/sports models. Watch the girls place bets on the next play and the loser takes off an item of clothing, just like Strip Poker, but without the cards. At the end of each game, one of the girls will be named Strip Sports Betting Champion. Viewers can make bets on the plays and the game by going to http://www.betonline.com/. The first game will actually be a Thursday night game of the Raven vs. the Broncos, hosted by Valerie White and models Anna and Amanda Evans. Other porn starlets hosting the first five games include Alexis Texas, Allison Moore, Nikita Von James, Jacky Joy, Ashden Wells, and Sofia Delgado.
“We have already had a ton of interest before the site was even fully launched,” says Chris Neismeth, Director of Marketing. “Now, we’re up and running and ready for the first game. We expect thousands of viewers around the world will be watching our first live broadcast and the numbers will just got up from there. Football is our first sport we’re launching, but we will be doing hockey, basketball and baseball in the future.”
Joining the game is easy! Watch the live broadcasts and get a schedule of games by going to http://www.stripsportsbetting.com/. Viewers can also catch the game on YouTube, Google+ or UStream.
We’re opening our doors for the first time, and inviting the public to come and join us to view and shop our extensive archive of collectible men’s vintage clothing. You will find a selection of militaria, athletica, punk, metal, hip hop tees, fantastic denim and work wear. Sneakers, boots and bags will also be available for purchase. Make sure to scramble on down and check it out.
Konami today revealed the second playable demo for its stunning PES 2013 title will be released for, Xbox 360 on August 28th and on PlayStation 3 on August 29th, with a Windows PCto follow later in September. The new demo showcases the continued evolution of the game, and offers a truly immersive on-pitch experience.
The demo will be available via Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network. The free demo will offer 11 fully-licensed teams, and benefits from a raft of subtle but important gameplay improvements since the first demo was released in July.
“We wanted to show our hand early with PES 2013 as, frankly, there is a lot to enjoy,” commented Jon Murphy, European PES Team Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “However, we are constantly refining the game and this second demo will show fans that we are always striving for perfection, and they will notice many additions and enhancements that bring PES 2013 even closer to matching the grace, unpredictability and skill that top-level football displays.”
The new demo offers six difficulty settings, and allows the user to play ten-minute matches. Since the first demo, the Tokyo-based PES Productions team has been constantly working to analyse how to improve PES 2013, and the new demo is a perfect example of their quest for football perfection. The game’s balance between offense and defence has been equalised, and the targeting of passes using the game’s feted manual control system has been improved. Similarly, the trajectory of passes has been refined, as has the blocking by defenders, shot speed, and the ways referees officiate – including the overseeing of offside situations.
Critically, the AI when a team is passing out of a defensive situation into a potential attacking one has been fine-tuned – an essential part of a game like PES 2013, where passing and movement are central to build up play. Lobs and looping shots have also been made harder to effect, following feedback from the initial demo. Anthems for the starting line-ups have also been implemented.
With the focus of PES 2013 firmly on the field, the new demo also invites players to tackle a selected number of training trials. The full version of the game offers an exhaustive training roster wherein users can familiarise themselves with quick one-twos, tackling manual shooting and passing and dynamic first-touch moves to gain space on a closing defender. The demo will feature a number of these tests so users can experience the sheer level of control PES 2013 offers.
Source: Console Creatures
SportsNation has announced the winners of the first ever “FAILy Awards.” Below is a recap of clips of the unlucky winners.
Today, retired NFL greats, Carl Eller, Lem Bailey, Deacon Jones and other NFL Hall of Famers, announced the launch of the Retired Players Association (RPA). The launch will take place at the NFL Enshrinement Festival at the NFL Hall of Fame Ceremony in Canton Ohio on August 7th 2010.
Get ready to Kinect to fun entertainment for everyone. Microsoft Corp. today capped off a two-day world premiere, complete with celebrities, stunning physical dexterity, and news from a galaxy far, far away, to reveal experiences that will transform living rooms in North America, beginning Nov. 4. Kinect will roll out to the rest of the world thereafter.
“With ‘Kinectimals’ and ‘Kinect Sports,’ ‘Your Shape: Fitness Evolved’ and ‘Dance Central,’ your living room will become a zoo, a stadium, a fitness room or a dance club. You will be in the centre of your entertainment, using the best controller ever made — you,” said Kudo Tsunoda, creative director for Microsoft Game Studios.
Microsoft and LucasArts also announced that they will bring Star Wars® to Kinect in 2011. And, sprinkling a little fairy dust on Xbox 360, Disney will bring its magic to Kinect as well.
Using Kinect is as simple as stepping in front of the sensor. It recognizes you, responds to your gestures, listens to your voice, and, best of all, it works with every Xbox 360.1
• “Kinect Adventures” (Microsoft Game Studios). Float in outer space. Experience the thrill of roaring rapids. Tackle mountaintop obstacle courses. And dive into the deep to explore a leaky underwater observatory — all from your living room. With “Kinect Adventures,” you are the controller as you jump, dodge and kick your way through exciting adventures set in a variety of exotic locations.
• “Kinectimals” (Frontier Studio, Microsoft Game Studios). A wide-eyed Bengal Tiger cub cocks its head to the side and playfully peers at you. Memories of your first trip to the zoo come rushing back. “Kinectimals” invites children, their parents and animal lovers of all ages to build lasting friendships with some of the world’s most exotic creatures. Just like real pets, your “Kinectimals” will come running when they hear your voice, respond to commands like “jump,” “roll-over” and “play dead,” and purr with joy when you scratch them behind the ears.
• “Kinect Joy Ride” (Big Park, Microsoft Game Studios). 3 … 2 … 1 … Go! “Kinect Joy Ride,” the first controller-free racing game, will take you and your friends on the ride of your lives — no drivers license required. “Kinect Joy Ride” reinvents driving and Kart racing by adding massive jumps and full body stunts to the classic Kart racing action. With a host of cool features and game modes you can take off for the ride of your life by yourself, pick up a co-pilot or team up with your friends and family to take on the world.
• “Kinect Sports” (Rare, Microsoft Game Studios). Turn your living room into a world-class stadium, bowling alley, soccer pitch or arena. With “Kinect Sports” you’re not only the star player, you are the controller — through the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360. See a ball? Kick it. Spike it. Even give it a little top spin. “Kinect Sports” features soccer, beach volleyball, bowling, table tennis, boxing and multiple track and field events.
• “Dance Central” (MTV Games). “Dance Central”™ is the first full-body, controller-free dance video game with fun choreography for beginners and experts. Featuring full-body tracking, the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360 allows you to experience real dance with your friends and family. Whether you’re rehearsing in Break It Down! or owning the stage in Perform It, you’ll be introduced to more than 600 moves in the game and more than 90 dance routines all created by professional choreographers. The game features tracks from an amazing mix of pop, hip-hop and R&B artists including Lady Gaga, No Doubt, M.I.A., Bell Biv Devoe, and more. Take your moves to the next level while connecting with the music you love!
• “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved” (Ubisoft). Get the most out of Kinect with “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved.” Unlike other games, the proprietary Player Projection technology of “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved” puts your body into the game for the ultimate experience. You’ll physically interact with virtual environments in ways you’ve never seen before, and you’ll be captivated by unique and exciting visual effects that respond to your movement and impact. Burn calories your way — choose a personal trainer to help you meet your specific fitness goals, take a yoga or martial arts class, or play fun family-friendly minigames. As you exercise, you’ll receive specific feedback on your every move, thanks to the game’s real-time precise tracking system. You won’t notice how hard you’re working until you see the results!
• Also coming to Kinect this holiday are titles representing the top names in the gaming industry including interactive fitness product “EA SPORTS Active™ 2” (EA SPORTS), “DECA SPORTS FREEDOM” (Hudson Entertainment), “Dance Masters” (Konami), “Adrenalin Misfits” (Konami), “Zumba Fitness”® (Majesco), “Sonic Free Riders”™ (SEGA), “The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout” (THQ), “Motion Sports” (Ubisoft), and “Game Party™: In Motion” (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). Additional exciting Kinect game experiences will be revealed by publishing partners in the near future.
TWO-TIME NBA MVP STEVE NASH AND TWO-TIME FORMER US WORLD CUP TEAM CAPTAIN CLAUDIO REYNA ANNOUNCE THE 2010 SHOWDOWN IN CHINATOWN
Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash and Two-Time Former US World Cup Team Captain Claudio Reyna are returning to New York City for the third annual “Showdown In Chinatown.” This year, the event stretches beyond a soccer match, including an exclusive “Friends of the Steve Nash Foundation Brunch” as well as a post-game afterparty, “An Evening of Showdown.”
The event will take place on June 23, beginning with the Friends of the Steve Nash Foundation Brunch at 11 a.m. in New York City. With a small table experience, all guests at the Brunch will enjoy close conversation with Nash and a healthy start to the day. Tickets for a plate at the event are $5,000 per person, a tax-deductible donation to the Steve Nash Foundation (http://www.stevenash.org).
The Showdown In Chinatown, a free-to-the-public soccer match between teams of NBA and professional soccer players, will kick-off later that day at the Nike Fields at Sara D. Roosevelt Park at 6 p.m. The Showdown is graciously sponsored by ICAP, Nike, FIFA Soccer 11 from EA Sports, vitaminwater and Mission Skincare.
The day will culminate with “An Evening of Showdown” – an afterparty and auction hosted by Showdown team captains Nash and Reyna – beginning at 9 p.m. “An Evening of Showdown,” sponsored by ONEHOPE wine and Voli light vodkas, will feature Nash and the other athlete participants will be in attendance. Tickets to the Evening are $500 per person, a tax-deductible donation, with ticket and auction proceeds benefiting the hosts’ charities, the Steve Nash Foundation and the Claudio Reyna Foundation.
To purchase tickets for the “Showdown Brunch” or “An Evening of Showdown” log on to http://www.stevenash.org/showdown.
The June 23 schedule is as follows:
11 a.m. Friends of the Steve Nash Foundation Brunch (location details provided upon ticket purchase)
6 p.m. Showdown In Chinatown (Nike Field, Sara D. Roosevelt Park, East Houston Street between Chrystie Street and Forsyth Street)
9 p.m. An Evening of Showdown (location details provided upon ticket purchase)
This year’s participants will be announced at a later date. Last year’s Showdown athletes included Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns), Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs), Grant Hill (Phoenix Suns), Chris Bosh (Toronto Raptors), Claudio Reyna (US/Former NY Red Bull), Thierry Henry (France/FC Barcelona), Javier Zanetti (Argentina/Inter Milan), Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ryan Babel (The Netherlands/Liverpool), Mathieu Flamini (France/AC Milan), Ivan Cordoba (Columbia/Inter Milan) and Adrian Mutu (Romania/ACF Fiorentina).
New Gatorade contest will land one lucky Canadian sports fan trips, tickets & access to NHL®, NFL® & NBA® games.
PepsiCo Canada, licensee of the Gatorade® brand in Canada, announces the launch of the Gatorade Experience G – Get on the SidelinesTM contest at www.gatorade.ca. This ultimate sidelines contest celebrates “G” – which represents the heart, hustle, and soul of athleticism – by bringing a Canadian fan close to the action.
Canadians are invited to go to www.gatorade.ca for full contest details and enter for the chance to win this great prize, which includes all three of the following experiences:
· Get On The Ice: Live large at the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic®
o Tickets for two to the game
o Watch the practice from the glass
o Flight and hotel for two
o $500 CDN
· Get On The Field: Experience the action at a 2010 NFL game
o Tickets for two to a 2010 regular season game
o Watch the pre-game warm-up from the sidelines
o Flight and hotel for two
o $500 CDN
· Get On The Floor: Rule courtside at an NBA game
o Front row courtside tickets for two to a 2011 regular season NBA game
o Flight and hotel for two
o $500 CDN
“The Experience G – Get on the Sidelines contest is our way of celebrating those truly memorable moments that everyone has from an amazing sports experience,” said Julie Raheja-Perera, Director of Marketing, PepsiCo Beverages Canada, the maker of Gatorade. “Whether it’s winning the Get on the Sidelines contest or the moment when you break your own personal best, the Gatorade brand wants to play a role in embracing sport for Canadians.”
THIS IS THE G EXPERIENCE
Experience G gives sports fans the opportunity to score some unforgettable major league tickets – from court side at the Raptors to up close with the Habs or killer seats at the Grey Cup – there are over 100 chances to win.
Canadians qualify by becoming a fan of the Gatorade Canada Facebook page and uploading a video of themselves completing a specific challenge that tests their ability, talent and will to win – anything from showing their best game face or touchdown dance to an intense slapshot or crazy ball-handling skills. Check out the Facebook page for more details.
Experience G will be running for a whole year (from January 18, 2010 to January 31, 2011).
TEN ‘G EXPERIENCE’ COURTSIDE OBSERVATIONS
1. Kobe stepped on my left foot in-play
2. Raptors win! Raptors win! Raptors win!
3. Two Raptors sat in the chair directly beside me and took shots during pre-game warmup
4. Yelled “Hey Machine, they let you off the bench?!” and he responded
5. Up close and personal look to agree with Phil Jackson, that Ron Ron’s Peak sneakers truly are made of concrete
6. Drake has two bodyguards in the wings & Superfan has a lot of roll in the ACC
7. Flip minoHD is all you really need to capture proper footage
8. Hedo runs out of gas and Coach Triano keeps him in the game
9. CB4 is a silent assassin!
10. The Cheerleaders are good from far and far from good.