AVN Media Network, organizers of the annual AVN Awards, announced today the launch of a Twitter-based casting call to find two new industry performers to serve as the coveted trophy girls during the 2014 AVN Awards. The awards take place at The Joint in Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas on Saturday, January 18, 2014.
To be considered, female talent must tweet their sexiest photos to the official AVN Awards Twitter account, @AVNAwards, and include the hashtag #AVNTrophyGirls. To be eligible, all candidates must have entered the adult industry in 2013. Submissions will be accepted until midnight October 25. Two winners will be selected soon after.
The ceremonial trophy girls serve in a highly visible and prestigious capacity for rising stars within the industry. The duo is on stage for the duration of the awards show and featured prominently on the show’s cable broadcast. Hundreds of new performers submitted entries last year in the hopes of being named trophy girls for the 2013 AVN Awards. Response was so overwhelming, three performers were eventually chosen: Bonnie Rotten, Rikki Six and Teal Conrad.
“We were simply amazed by the enthusiasm with which our casting call was received last year; our trophy girls were beyond amazing and have gone on to become big stars themselves,” said AVN CEO Theo Sapoutzis. “I am certain this year’s trophy girls will also impress and go on to represent our industry proudly. It will, as always, be difficult to choose among so many beautiful and bright young women, but it’s a task we look forward to.”
The 31st annual AVN Awards Show will be hosted by Chanel Preston and Wicked Pictures contract star Samantha Saint. Dubbed “the Oscars of adult” by Entertainment Weekly, the must-attend, must-see event features the hottest stars from adult and mainstream pop culture. With a stylish red carpet pre-show and lavish star-studded ceremony, the AVN Awards celebrates outstanding achievements in the world of adult entertainment.
Fans interested in attending the 2014 AVN Award Show may purchase standard and Golden Tickets at AvnAwards.avn.com/tickets.
LB Invites Fan Interaction With IAmLittleBrother.ning.com, Big Pooh Comments On “Star,” Twitter Situation
For all the fans of Little Brother, there’s now something new to check on everyday besides personal Facebook accounts, MySpace pages, and Twitter handles. A website for Little Brother fans is now up and running, for everyone to post their own Little Brother tidbits, share their stories, and interact both with the group and fans of the group worldwide. “The site is a thank you. Come and be a part of the Little Brother experience by posting your stories, pictures, favorite songs, homemade videos put to Little Brother songs, and more. Interact with other fans of Little Brother from across the globe,” says Big Pooh. A Little Brother shopping trip is also available as the site includes new, official LeftBack shirts,GetBack shirts, CDs, and all kinds of Little Brother items. It’s a one-stop shop, or rather one-stop site, for all things Little Brother.
News on Little Brother’s iTunes Bonus song, “Star,” has been much discussed over the weekend. Having heard fromPhonte, here is Big Pooh’s take on the situation.
From Big Pooh:
“We decided to give that song to people for two reasons. First, the people have been asking for another 9th/Little Brother song since this is the last Little Brother album. We had intended for that song to be an iTunes bonus track but certain circumstances led us to leak it, which leads to the second reason: We got word late Friday from our distribution company that iTunes took the song down following a call from 9th or someone in his camp. I feel that if he didn’t want the song out then he could have easily contacted any one of us (Big Dho, Phonte, or myself) and explained his reasoning and the issue would have been dealt with accordingly. Instead we find out on some “oh yeah, I forgot to tell” type shit while trying to figure out other information. “Star” was recorded in 2005-2006 for use by 9th on his Wonder Years album that has yet to get a release date.
A lot of people have been asking and waiting for my response regarding the twitter outburst over the weekend. I posted a few statements via twitter myself, but, for the most part, I have chosen to remain silent. I have never believed in airing out business on the internet. I have tried to be as diplomatic as possible when answering questions about the situation in an effort to move on. Unfortunately, the same passion that people have had for Little Brother since we came on the scene in support of us is the same passion that fuels a lot of the extra back and forth between parties. You would have never witnessed what you did over the weekend if 9th actually spoke to us instead of speaking to you, the fans, via social network about the situation. Telling people, “You don’t know the REAL story,” and “It ain’t on me, they wanted me out the group,” and other comments of that nature does nothing but agitate the situation. It’s only so much you can take before you finally explode and ask, “Why not talk to me instead of talking to those who have nothing to do with our problems?”
Phonte and myself have always been made to look like the mean, jealous, bitter, former group members in the situation when that is far from the case. 9th has taken the “high road” because at the end of the day, there isn’t too much he can say if we really started throwing out the facts behind his departure from the group. We have issues that can and will only be worked out by us, if at all. Some of your outside input is appreciated but not necessary as we sort through this situation. At the end of the day it doesn’t help, it only adds fuel, regrettably. As always, we appreciate you support and thank you for listening.”
Little Brother Website: http://iamlittlebrother.ning.com/
By now, it’s almost a foregone conclusion that those in the know are familiar with Twitter and its ability to reach millions for business and social networking. However, the possibilities of Twitter have only begun to be realized. What if Twitter were utilized for storytelling? What if it already has been?
Man Vs. Zombies has become the first Twitter account to tell an ongoing storyline. More than that, the storyline is supported with both pictures and video to support the tale.
Man Vs. Zombies is the ongoing “diary of the apocalypse.” The majority of the world’s inhabitants have been transformed into zombies and only one man, Gus, – a slacker with a penchant for drug use and a hilariously twisted sense of humor – seems to be left unchanged. Gus traverses his home town of Miami, which appears to be ground zero, in search of survivors, answers, and good drugs, whilst reporting his adventures on Twitter as it appears to be the only working service from his cell phone.
Las Vegas Resort Becomes First to Offer Exclusive Weekend Package
for Twitter Followers and Facebook Fans
This Halloween, Caesars Palace Twitter followers are grabbing their cell phones and heading to the resort for the first ever, “Trick or Tweet” weekend taking place Friday, Oct. 30 and Saturday, Oct. 31.
Here’s how it works: follow Caesars Palace on Twitter.com or become a fan on Facebook and link to our exclusive package for @CaesarsPalace followers including 2-night classic accommodations; two Roman Ritual passes to enjoy at Qua Baths & Spa; complimentary in-room Internet access; a complimentary in-room movie (might we suggest “The Hangover?”); VIP passes to PURE Nightclub for Friday or Saturday night, hosted by Nicky Hilton; a $50 resort credit and much more.
To make the trek that much more enticing, Caesars Palace will Tweet locations throughout the property for followers to go. Once they find their destination, there will wait treats like free food and drinks, including drink specials from Bacardi USA, great giveaways and chances to meet fellow followers. (And with more than 25,000 followers and friends, Caesars Palace is one of the most followed resorts in Las Vegas so expect tons of fellow fans.)
Costumes encouraged, but not necessary. Price begins as little as $175 per night. (With a Saturday night averaging $275, that’s a $200 savings.)
FIRST SINGLE “WHO SAYS” IS A SUBTLE ANTHEM THAT CHALLENGES CONVENTION, ASKING WHO SAYS I CAN’T…
John Mayer’s Battle Studies will be released on November 17th, 2009 on Columbia Records. The seven-time Grammy Award winner’s fourth studio album was co-produced by John Mayer and Steve Jordan and debuts three years after his critically acclaimed 2006 album, CONTINUUM. Incorporating the warmth, melodies and simplicity of 70′s and 80′s California rock/pop, Battle Studies is a confessional, relaxed and liberated album recorded in a private home in California where Mayer lived and worked over the course of six months before wrapping at the famed Capitol Studios in Los Angeles.
The album’s first single, “Who Says” challenges conventional standards of what one can accomplish or undertake – despite society’s constraints. Battle Studies also showcases universal themes on “Heartbreak Warfare,” “Assassin,” and “War of My Life,” while flexing guitar chops on “Rock Song,” and a reinterpretation of “Crossroads.” The famously collaborative guitar player also invited one of music’s brightest new talents, Taylor Swift, to appear on “Half of My Heart.”
“I approach music like a director doing a period piece,” says Mayer. “Where CONTINUUM was R&B and Soul, Battle Studies was written with the timelessness of Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac and Neil Young in mind. The melodies and message are concise and from-the-gut with the efficiency of simplicity.”
A John Mayer North American tour is currently being planned and will follow the release of Battle Studies in early 2010, details to be announced soon. In the meantime, two rare performances by John Mayer Trio (John Mayer, Steve Jordan, Pino Palladino) have been announced for December – December 29th in San Diego at the Copley Symphony Hall and a New Year’s Eve show on December 31st in Las Vegas at The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
In place of Mayer’s annual Holiday Revue, these concert events will raise money for two veteran’s charities – Military Outreach Ministry Camp Pendleton (MOM) and NCIRE – the Veterans Health Research Institute. MOM is a nonprofit organization that supports young military families of all faiths and NCIRE is the largest non-profit research institute affiliated with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Among other investigations, NCIRE researches the causes and best treatment for post- traumatic stress disorder and other combat-related injuries.